I can't think of a better gift for our 5th wedding anniversary than our new son! Whether it was because, like his daddy, he didn't want to miss a reason to party, or else he wanted to keep our lives simple so we wouldn't have to remember yet another important date, Peyton Andrew Russell decided it was time to rock our world, three days past due, on September 6th. He's our little miracle and one more great reason to celebrate the 6th of September.
My labor went about as I had imagined and hoped it would go. All natural and during daylight (we were really hoping we would sleep all night and labor all day). I awoke around 4am feeling crampy and contractions started shortly after. Not wanting to alarm Steve at such an early hour, especially since it still could be a very long time before the real thing, I got out of bed and begin to pack for the hospital. By 5am my contractions started to come on closer together and were getting more intense so I started to time them. After an hour they were one to two minutes apart and very strong. After laboring at home for 5 hours, Steve convinced me it was time to visit the hospital. I was still in denial that "this was it." I wanted to be really sure before we headed out because I did not want to get there and be sent home. Lucky for us, it definitely "was it" and I was 5cm. dialated. After several hours and a whole lot of pushing, Peyton was born - all 8lbs and 14oz. of him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment