Saturday, February 10, 2018

Father Daughter Dance - 2018

Allison was over the moon excited when Steve invited her to the Father Daughter Dance this year.  She had her outfit picked out weeks ahead of time and enjoyed choreographing and practicing a special dance to, "Lady In Red," by Chris DeBurgh.

Outfit ready for the dance!
Allie's note to self:  "From Allie To Allie.  The dres is for toniet."

When she woke up sick in the middle of the night, on the day of the dance, she was devastated.  Fortunately, her stomach virus was quick AND the dance was offered on 2 consecutive nights.  Plans were amended.  On Saturday, February 3rd, this Father Daughter duo set out for a special night together.









Proud brother, sending his little sister off for her big night!

I asked Allison, after the dance, what her favorite part of the night was? Allison reported, "Everything!" was her favorite.  Fortunately, Steve and Allison were so busy having fun, that Allison barely noticed that her song, "The Lady In Red," was never played.  She was surprisingly ok about it!  I guess it served it's purpose, her way of anticipating and preparing for the big night.



Peyton and I bonded over Big Tom burgers, while watching Harry Potter #3.  He couldn't believe  that we have a drive thru burger joint just down the street from our house and I had never taken him there before.  We've had many Big Tom burger requests since that first time!



It was a special and memorable evening for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment