Sunday, April 22, 2018

Happy Earth Day!

Our family has a tradition of picking up garbage around the neighborhood in honor of Earth Day.  I don't know how many years we've done this, but enough for them to remember and remind me this year, that this is a thing that WE do, no matter the weather.  This year, we were blessed with sunshine and warmth, which lifted our spirits immensely.  I'm always impressed with the amount of garbage we collect in such a short time.  I think the unspoken motto was, "No garbage left behind," because no matter how small, my kids located and collected it.  They didn't miss a single piece of trash!  I'm happy to report that we collected noticeably less garbage this year than last, on the same stretch of road.   While most people didn't pay us a second glance.  A few people did thank us for our service.  I know the recognition was appreciated, but my kids seemed motivated by their own sense of satisfaction for doing their part to keep their community clean and make their small piece of earth healthier.  At least, that is my hope.

My Adorable Garbage Collecting Team:



No comments:

Post a Comment