Friday, October 30, 2009

Lattin's Cider Mill

I met several women, a couple of years ago, when we were all pregnant and taking prenatal yoga together. We started to also meet regularly for walks during that time, and then waddles, as our due dates neared and our tummy's grew. Over the past year the group has grown, making it more interesting, yet more difficult to connect. Almost weekly someone posts information about a local outing, get together, or baby tidbit. Whoever is interested and available can attend and it seems they do. I've had to pass on many of these social opportunities for one reason or another and have missed out on things like: clothing exchanges, baby disco and recently, beer and baby night at the local pizza joint. When I saw the online post for a fall gathering at the local cider mill however, I decided I just couldn't pass on yet another opportunity to hit it up this fall. This time with Steve in attendance. So, last weekend, Steve, Peyton and I joined 3 other couples and their babies at the cider mill (they were 3 of my friends from the original prenatal group, and all of our babies were born within a few weeks of each other which made the outing more appealing). Unfortunately, the pumpkins were pretty well picked over. What was left in the field was a soupy, mushy mess. But, the farm animals and friends were more popular with our toddlers (and us) anyway. We really enjoyed this small celebration of fall with our new friends.

Below are a few of the many pictures we took:

Some of us checking out the goats
Peyton and his friend, Davie, bravely stepping forth to pet the goats.
A family portrait - during the wagon ride.
Why's this one green, Daddy? Can I have it?
First carousel ride. A big hit!
One last family photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment