Monday, November 9, 2009

14 Months - Come & Gone

Friday, November 6th, Peyton was 14 months old. He's becoming more independent and oh so helpful each day, as he tries out his new skills.

Most recently he has been interested in trying to dress himself (putting on hats and shoes by himself and is beginning to help step into his pants and pull on his shirts).

He also generously helps out around the house during his free time - vacuuming (he pretends to do this by pushing around anything that even remotely looks like the vacuum - long sticks, the mop, the real vacuum, if I haven't gotten around to putting it away, all the while mimicking the motor sound our vacuum makes); wiping down cupboards and the floor (with or without a rag, or rag-like object); and continues to enjoy helping with the dishes and the laundry (flopping on piles of clean laundry on the floor, playing peek-a-boo with the folded clothes, or dragging clean items around the house, often turning them into rags).

In addition to helping "fold" and "put away" the clean laundry, Peyton surprised me last week by modeling his newest laundry skill, helping me "sort" the dirty laundry. See Exhibit A below:

Yes, that is my underwear around his neck.

Ok, so I realize that Tae Boy will really be upset with me some day for posting that picture. Still, I couldn't resist. All I'm saying is that this little guy is really starting to become his own little person and I love everything about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment