Peyton: "My want Maggie (his name for Megan) to sit in Peyton's lap."
Me: "You wish Megan was here with us, don't you?"
Peyton: "No. My want her right here." (Points down).
Me: "Right here? In the car?"
Peyton: "No. Right here (pointing adamantly). In Peyton's lap."
Me: "You sure do like to cuddle with Megan."
Peyton: "Yeah." (Elated and smiling, he hugs his animals a little bit closer).
So, we invited Megan and Megan's Mommy over to play this morning. These two toddlers are adorable together. They are really starting to play cooperatively together (as cooperatively as two year old's play) and both seem to care greatly for the well-being of the other. It honestly feels like these two are friends, first friends.

This story - even though I was there for their time together and have seen how fond they are of each other - brought tears to my eyes...again! I was so happy you were able to capture our fun walk on camera today. The pictures are priceless. Too bad I wasn't able to get my camera out in time for their sweet, spontaneous kiss...although something tells me I'll get another chance soon, though ;) Look forward to our next outing!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff. It brings back memories of my first friend, also a sweet little girl, Rachel who I adored!
ReplyDelete