I'm not sure when our budding entrepreneur, Peyton, got the idea in his head, but he clearly thought about it for a while, made a plan and put it to action. He was very motivated and worked hard to prepare his "Leminade and Cookes" stand all by himself.
Once the sign was made, I couldn't very well shut him down. So, I got involved. I tried to follow Peyton's lead though and help him put his plan in motion. First, we sat down and discussed his idea. I stopped short of discussing profit and loss margins, but I did help him think about what supplies he would need. We shopped and baked. Mixed and stirred. Then, after a nice long nap - during which time I may have done a bit of marketing to family (via text message) - we set up shop and declared our stand open for business.
This was easily one of our favorite summer memories. I was so proud of Peyton, his ambition, commitment and follow-through. Besides being fun, tasty and profitable, I hope he will fondly remember this experience. I look forward to seeing what other ideas will unfold into future plans.
We are so fortunate to have such a supportive extended family, our biggest clientele by far, willing to drive on over to enjoy "Leminade and Cookes" with us. Thank you for your support!


No comments:
Post a Comment