Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Funnies

It has been a while since I posted any of the funny, curious, insightful and inquisitive quotes and comments from the mouths of my kids.  I'm not nearly as good about remembering them as I used to be, although they happen on a regular basis.  I do try to jot them down when I can and save these scraps of paper.  Every so often I try to organize and descipher my scribbles.  For me, these quotes are as memorable as all of those first moments and milestones, and pictures of special occasions.  Except, these quotes capture those everyday moments that, without effort, come and go without a second look.  I want to be able to take a second and third and fourth look at these everyday moments, honest and uncensored, that take place in and out of our home all the time.  These are my "precious moments" and often great entertainment!

Allison:
11/2/14: - A: "Look! There's the Catoma Dome!" (Exclaimed as we drove past the Tacoma Dome).

10/20/14 - A:  "I think I might get spacers because my teeth are getting too tricky for me to eat...the cranberries get stuck.  Did you know I use my finger to get it out?  My finger is a good tool!" (To clarify, a spacer is an oral appliance that Peyton just had put in his mouth).

10/13/14 - A: (Said while licking the jam off of her sandwich) "I really like to eat.  Can I have some more jam and cream cheese sandwich?" (Translation:  I love jam.  Can I have more jam?).

10/12/14 - A: (Allie to Steve while he was practicing his concert music) "You've got to hold the music in your heart."  -"Sometimes I sing beautiful songs about when I was little and flowers."

10/6/14 - A:  (At the dinner table) "My heart flutters because I like yellow so much."

10/5/14 - A: "This is so AWESOME!" (Said all the time to describe her pleasure).

10/1/14 - A: "Exsimo" = Eskimo

9/25/14 - A: "I can't stop eating!" (Of her Panda cakes at brunch at new moon cafe).

9/21/14 - A: "I'm looking down at my poop.  It looks good.  I mean not like good to eat."  Me: "No?" A: "No.  Healthy." Me:  "It looks healthy?" A: "Yes."

9/20/14 - "Plintos" = knuckles

9/20/14 - "N&M's" = M&M's

9/18/14 - A: "They are clever little fellas.  Well, not daddy.  He's a clever big fella and Peyton's a clever little fella..." (Said on our walk to the bus stop to pick up Peyton.  I can't remember why the boys were described as clever);

9/18/14 - A: "Luke and Cheri don't wear [bike] helmets.  But that's the rule.  We don't ride without our helmets.  Sometimes I fuss and fuss because I don't want to wear my helmet. (Pause, as if she realized something sneaky, like a loop-hole to the rule) "That's not the rule at Cheri and Luke's house."

9/8/14 - A: "Can I please just start to have fun with them?" (Wanting to play with balloon bouquet from Peyton's birthday - I think it was how she said this that made me chuckle).

7/27/14 - A: "Humpty-Dumpty is one of my rhymeries."

7/27/14 - A: (Walking to outdoor swimming pool at the gym). "I'm getting old mom.  I'm too old.  I have moles (looks at arm)...soon I'll have my boo-thday [birthday] and be older and then I'll die."

7/24/14 - A: "It's pretty bad, but I'm ok with it." (Response to viewing a show that Peyton described as kind of scary and not really good for them [Peyton and Allie] to be watching).

7/23/14 - A: (At Grama and Grampa's house) "People who are invisible can walk through walls.  I wish I was invisible."



Peyton:
11/2/14 - P:  "I see a vision in my mind when I hear that song [Star Spangled Banner].  There's a giant tent.  On the right side is Olympia.  On the left side is another state with bombs and rockets shooting up trying to get the flag.  On the right side of the tent there's a man in a building in Olympia and he's looking out his window at dawn, writing a poem because he was so happy and he sees the flag still gleaming up high in the sky.  That's always my favorite song and I don't really know why, but I just have a feeling about it." 

10/19/14 - P: "I still have a whole life in font of me to practice." (Said while doing his homework).

9/11/14 - P: "I've been telling you about my day but you haven't told me anything about your guys' day and Allie's school.  So, tell me about your day, Allie."  A: "Well, I didn't do anything because all I did was think about you, Peyton...I did roll the ball down the ramp."

9/8/14 - P: "Guess what, Mommy? I was delighted when I found out we were doing the letter A this week.  You know why, Mommy?  Because it made me think of Allie."

9/3/14 - P: (After his first day of school he gave a good report about a good day.  Seemed very positive.)  "There were lots of stupid rules."

8/30/14 - P: "You just need to start sleeping.  I care about you.  I love you.  Just start sleeping." (To me, in the afternoon of our 3rd day camping.  I had not been sleeping well.)

8/8/14 - P:  "Grama & Grampa and Nana & Papa are really lucky people.  You wanna know why?  They've lived a long time and their sons grew up and have families and they're not even weak.  Some people when they get old, get weak." (On our car ride past Elma/McCleary to Lake Sylvia - Pointing out where Papa grew up).

8/8/14 - P:  "When I was little I thought an hour was a really long time, like forever.  But, now, I don't think an hour is very long at all!" (In the car on our hour-long drive to Lake Sylvia).

7/27/14 - P: "I'm sad because we got to the end of the trip and it went by the split of a finger."  (At dinner, after backpacking with Steve - exhausted from a week of p.m. summer camp and no naps, followed by the hiking trip and no naps.  Longest stretch of not napping.  End of lots of fun and excitement.)


No comments:

Post a Comment