It's becoming more and more difficult to capture these memorable quotes, but I do try. Allie's exploding vocabulary is entertaining, but I find they come fast and I quickly forget. Here are few of my more recent favorites that I did manage to jot down to preserve for the records.
Allie:
5/14/15: (Annoyed that I put cream cheese on her bagel).
"I like butter. You know I do. I'm a butter kind of girl."5/13/15:
"I feel miserable." (Emphasis on mis-er-a-ble).
(She did just have her tonsils out, but didn't look or act anything close to miserable. I think she was just trying on a new vocabulary word, an impressive one at that.)
5/5/15: "Sunbow" = rainbow.
(I was trying to prompt Allie to share with Grama that we saw a rainbow at breakfast. My hints of rain and sun prompted her to say sunbow. She quickly corrected herself, but I liked this memory and the word she made up).
4/27/15: "Pop-up-Jack" = Jack-in-the-box
3/22/15: "Prentzels" = pretzels
3/23/15: (Just waking up from nap, oddly energetic, or delirious).
"It's almost Easter! It's 5 months from my birthday! August: it's summer, it's hot, flowers grow, it's my birthday!"
3/9/15: "Look at the horizon. I want to touch it. It's so beautiful!"
3/4/15: (Clearing phlegm from her throat).
"Sometimes my words get stuck in my throat."
2/16/15: (Gazing at the sunset after an unusually warm, sunny February day).
"I can't believe it. I never knew a sunset could be so beautiful!"
2/12/15:
"Why do you not let me have things I want?" [Discussion. Sigh. Eye roll.] "This is so frustrating."
2/10/15: Allie's description of Ariel, the mermaid's, shell bra over her breasts.
"She's wearing a brace over her big muscles."
1/25/15:
"I'm not a person. I'm an adventure girl [pause] from the wild!"
1/17/15: (When I give Allison a thumbs up, she has always returned the gesture with her pointer finger raised without another thought. Today, when she raised her pointer finger, she looked closely and puzzled. Then, she raided her middle finger and turned to me, flipping me off).
"Mommy, is this my thumb? Which finger is my thumb?"
1/11/15
"Where's the pass, Mommy?" (After my questioning). "The place where people go when they die?" (She meant Heaven, the place where people go after they pass away). (Later), "I'm going to the pass when I grow up!"
1/8/15: (Singing)
"Deck the halls with balls of jolly..."
1/3/15 (Playing hide-and-seek).
A: "Ok, now I'm gonna hide where you did Peyton!"
P: "No! Don't tell me Allie!"
Peyton:
5/13/15: (Peyton was bothered that Papa wasn't joking and teasing, like he usually does.)"Daddy, where did Papa's jokes go?"
5/13/14:
A: "Why are you doing that?" (I didn't get to see what he was doing, but I did overhear his reply).
P: "Because I'm Peyton and I can do whatever I want."
4/28/15:
P: "Allie, money means a lot to me. But, you know what means a lot more? Family and friends."
A: "Uh. What are you talking about?"
3/8/15:
Me: "Yay. Spring is here. I'm on vacation!"
P: "What?!?" [flabergasted]. "You're always on vacation. You don't work like Daddy works, or go to school like Allie and I do."
3/6/15: (Peyton to his friend).
"My daddy says the 'F' word sometimes. (Lots of giggles). He says fart!" (More giggles).
3/3/15: (Cuddling in the morning).
P: "What's that smell?"
Me: "My breath."
P: "I'm sorry [pause] I REALLY don't like your smell."
2/14/15: (End of the day reflections).
P: "We didn't get to do much Valentine stuff today.
Me: "No. We did our Valentine celebrating yesterday."
P: "Even though special days like holidays are really fun because we get to celebrate and eat candy and do fun stuff, I kind of like the plain days better because we get to be calm and peaceful and just kind of relax."
1/23/15: "I just love writing my name. I love the way my hand feels writing it."
1/17/15: (After the 1st half of our 1 on 1 football game, he seemed surprised that he was ahead of me in points because he thought I was the professional).
Me: "What? You think I'm the professional? What do you think I do all day? Play football?"
P: "You are a professional home person."
1/15/15 (After being told that Papa was going to be moving into The Hampton).
"Now Papa and all his friends can help each other find their coats!"
1/13/15
"I had a lot of delights in my day."
1/3/15: (Walking the neighborhood, admiring the remaining xmas lights).
A: "My eyes are filled with wonder."
P: (Looking at the same house, Peyton narrated the details then responded.)
"We're poor because we have no holly."


No comments:
Post a Comment