Monday, September 28, 2015

3rd Annual Girls Weekend!

As the boys headed out for their annual backpacking trip this weekend, Allison was feeling left out of the hiking adventure.  So, per her request, we set out on not one, but two hiking adventures.

First, she and I, along with all of our hiking essentials (stuffing her pack full was an important part of her adventure), went to nearby Tumwater Falls Park.  It was a gorgeous fall day.  We didn't see any fish traveling up river as we had hoped, but they were jumping around at the fish hatchery.  And there was plenty to keep our attention as we hiked the loop trail.







Still focused on hiking, Allison invited her Grama and Grampa to join her on Sunday for another hike through the woods.  We visited the Woodard Bay trail and were all captivated by its beauty above and hidden treasures closer to Allison's eye level, on the forest floor!  Lots of "fun guys" (fungi) on this trip.  As promised, Allison walked the whole way to the bay and back!  Proudly, she declared, "Now I'm ready to go backpacking with Peyton!"  There is talk of a spring time family trip.  If Steve is carrying his gear, and most of Peyton's, and I'm packing Allison's over night necessities, I'm left to wonder, who will be carrying my stuff?





 Adventures like these are good for the heart and soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment