Turns out it was a good decision to stay home, since we spent most of the first part of the week sick. The empty out your stomach kind of sick. All of us took a turn and then Peyton went for a second round. Our week began more like a "stay" than a "cation." But, mid-week, with the bug out of our system, things got better.
While we do a lot of relaxing, exciting and fun things in our lives, Steve and I often forget how to just relax, be excited and have fun at home. This week was a great reminder that we can indeed have a nice time, right here, in our own home (and garden, too), rain or shine.
Rain.
On a separate note, we also passed Peyton's 19 month milestone last week. Yikes! He's now closer to 2 years of age, than he is to 1. It's as if he transformed overnight. He was a baby last week when he got sick, but seems to have cleared all the baby out of his system in a weeks time. He got healthy. We got a healthy toddler. I haven't reached the "toddler" chapter in my parenting book yet, so I better get reading! He's still that same little dude I've come to know, just trickier. Each day is filled with as much pleasure and joy as always, just a bit more frustration sometimes. I believe Peyton feels the same way. I sure may have my work cut out for me in the coming weeks/months.The Antics of a 19 Month Old.
Indoors:
Indoors:

The result of walking backwards (a new trick).You eventually run into things!
Yes, he has the vacuum AND the mop!The obsession for "bubba" (vacuum and vacuum-like objects) continues...
And Outdoors:








No comments:
Post a Comment