Between our Ireland trip, a new camera I have yet to learn how to operate and our busy weekends, I have found myself once again behind and overwhelmed with the task of blogging. Too many pictures, too little time. To cope, I have found myself taking fewer pictures and avoiding the computer all together. While it is somewhat liberating not to be tied to my computer on these lovely summer afternoons to myself as Peyton is napping (or to my camera during our big and little adventures with our toddler), I do feel a bit of guilt and sorrow that I have been leaving gaps in the life of Peyton. This blog has primarily served as my baby book.
So, here we are at the beginning of August taking a look back at July. In summary, we experienced several weeks of hot weather. How do you pass the time on a hot summer day? With water, of course! Yes, we've enjoyed all kinds of water play: swimming pool, baby pool, the fountain downtown, the sprinkler, the hose, the watering can.
Due to above mentioned state of mind and the fact that water and cameras do not play well together, I've missed capturing most of these outings digitally. But here are a few pictures of our little guy splishing and splashing around.
At Grandma and Grandpa's a couple of weekends ago,
while Hazel and Gavin were down for the afternoon.
Sizing up the situation, before engaging in the activity.
Three sprinklers, a sloping, grassy hill, a big, yet encouraging audience and a
hot afternoon = a bold Little Dude and some serious sprinkler fun!

Running through the sprinkler with Daddy and Grandpa = PRICELESS!
Sprinklers are fun, but control over the water is WAY better.
Bubbles with Grandpa.
At home in Peyton's pool, which I also enjoy!

A sprinkler and a pool?! Good idea, Daddy!At Nana and Papa's last Monday afternoon.
All dressed up and ready for a dip in Nana and Papa's pool,
but in true toddler fashion, we were distracted along the way by Play-Doh.
No comments:
Post a Comment