Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun-Filled Family Weekend

FRIDAY:
Point Defiance Zoo with Grama
Checking out animals

Petting the goats

Cooling off in the water fountain


Ah, what a great day at the zoo!

SATURDAY:
Touch A Truck Event
We bypassed all the flashy vehicles and made a quick dash to the back of the parking lot where the construction trucks were. No surprise here! The mobile crane was mentioned several times as an event favorite.
Who's having fun now?
One of the event highlights - taking a ride in the cherry picker!

Demonstrating how the tires on the big trucks are bigger than (some) people.

Dreaming big dreams about operating the backhoe loader.

On the way home I asked these two boys (yes, Grampa was as excited as my little boy) what the highlight of the morning was. Here are the responses I got:

Peyton: "Um, I liked the crane and the cherry picker and the bouncing house best!" (Although he has since added "Driving the backhoe loader" to his list.

Grampa: "I liked honking the horn [2 times] best!" (Although he didn't admit it, I secretly think he also liked the bouncing house and can now cross that off his bucket list!)

SUNDAY/MONDAY:
A surprise visit with The Cousins at Nana & Papa's!
The whole gang out on the swing set.
Jasper

Savannah

Walker & Peyton

We even got to enjoy a bit of swimming fun!
Gracie

And new baby, Wyatt (7 weeks)...didn't seem to capture this adorable little fella on camera. But, now that these guys live within driving distance, we hope to see more of them! Welcome home Ben & Jen!


No comments:

Post a Comment