Today was Peyton's last day of preschool. It was a great first year at a really great school. Peyton and I have both grown and changed tremendously over the last eight months; mentally, emotionally and physically. We started the year off when Allison was just 2 weeks old. So much change. Starting school helped give us purpose and regularity. Little by little. Day by day. One foot in front of the other. Days turned into weeks. Weeks to months. Time, marked by school years in our youth, moved us along. We're one year older. One year wiser. Peyton is learning to take off, find his place in his new world, soar. I'm learning to stop, find my own place, let go.
Eight months ago, just getting out the door was an exhausting adventure. Today, getting out the door was a wonderful reminder of how much has changed. Peyton dressed, got in the car and buckled up all by himself! What a personal achievement and giant leap towards independence for the little dude and a time saver for me! We were both proud of this big milestone.
Peyton decided he wanted to make a gift to give each classmate. We spent this last week making a book (his idea). I asked him what his favorite preschool memories were and then wrote them out word for word. He then illustrated each page. I think it will be a precious keepsake for years to come and pretty much sums up Peyton's first year of school.
 |
| Peyton's Red Class Memories. |
 |
| Snack time. Building. Playing with my trucks. Playing outside. |
|
 |
| Books. Painting. Blocks. |
 |
| Play-doh. The igloos. Building houses and stores with Norma. |
 |
| Playing with my friends. |
|
Peyton, your daddy and I are so proud of you!
Loved this! What a fun way to remember a great year. A project right up my alley. :)
ReplyDeleteHope all is well too. Miss you. Sounds like you girls had fun on Thursday. Wish I could have joined you.