Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Complexity of Every Day Moments

This sequence of photos captures what I see happening right before my very eyes, countless times a day - the complexity of every day moments.

1. Peace and Harmony - Allison has finally been invited into his fort, or Peyton built around Allison, trapping her in it.  Cooperation caught my attention, cuteness warranted the camera.

2. Testing - both kids begin the inevitable testing of boundaries.  P: How tight can I squeeze...  A: What can I wreck... Both:  ...and still get away with it?

3. Further tests and patience (or impatience) ensue.

4.  The inevitable tipping point.

5.  Interventions -  intended to guide and model problem solving, appropriate anger management and positive behaviors (usually tears of sadness and/or anger, followed by a tantrum, erupt).

6.  Sudden mood swings - an interesting diversion tactic.

7. Laughter - it is the best medicine.

8. Sillies are contagious.

9. Peace and harmony return.

10. Which brings us full circle - the temptation is just too strong to resist.

11. Testing - both kids begin the inevitable testing of boundaries.  
P: How tight can I squeeze...  
A: What can I wreck... 
Both:  ...and still get away with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment