Friday, May 31, 2013

Peyton Preschool 2012-2013


On May 24, 2013 we were invited to attend Peyton's Preschool End-of-Year Celebration at Burfoot Park.  What a celebration it was!  I found myself thinking about and reflecting on the year during the weeks and days leading up to this big day.  To say Peyton enjoyed preschool this year would be an understatement.  He loved every aspect of his school year.  Teachers, friends, projects, thematic units; routines, rules, songs, learning.  Peyton loved it all.  It was equal parts exciting and terrifying to witness his growth and development in such a short span of time.  The school year came and went so quickly; too quickly for Peyton (and myself, for that matter).  I worry/wonder how to keep Peyton physically stimulated, emotionally balanced and academically challenged in the weeks to come.  I'm also proud as can be of all he has accomplished, the positive and inquisitive way with which he thinks about school and learning, the little boy he is today.

The affirmation we received from his teachers both at our private parent-teacher conference and at his end of year celebration, were just icing on the cake, and a great way to wrap up the school year.

"Peyton is knowledgeable.  He loves making connections and is enthusiastic about learning.  Peyton is helpful.  He likes the way the classroom runs and even helped me was the dishes a couple of times." ~Miss Marcie

I took a couple of minutes before we left the house to photograph our preschooler.  I was able to capture a few of his favorite faces and moods in this short time.  Below are my favorite serious - silly Peyton photos.  In reflection it is a good reminder that these faces come and go quickly.  No matter the face, or the mood, one thing is constant, I love this little boy.

Serious. Focused. Inquisitive.

Determined. Intelligent. Kind.

Thoughtful. Sensitive. Helpful.

Mischievous. Independent. Fun.

Loving. Gentle. Caring.

Strong. Brave. Adventurous.

Handsome. Silly. Delightful.
So many of our other photos from the last year are still in the project cue, but I did manage to complete a memory book of his year.




Photo books are the perfect gift for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment