Saturday, December 22, 2018

Cirque Climbing

I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to get myself, let alone my kids, motivated to exercise on these cold, dark, wet winter days.  Last Sunday, we checked out the Cirque Climbing gym and give this rave reviews.  Climbing is a great way to beat the rain, but still get the wiggles out.  Even though we're at different skill levels, we found that we could all climb safely and successfully.  The kids scaled the wall and reached the top in no time.  They made it look easy.  It is not.  While I discovered that I, too, am an excellent climber...after scaling the wall 1/2  to 2/3 of the way, I found I have a paralyzing fear of heights!  I did challenge (will myself) up the wall slightly higher each consecutive turn, but this was motivated by this teachable moment, rather than by my own need to reach the top. Anyway, we can all participate separately, but TOGETHER!  The whole family gives climbing a thumbs up!  SUCCESS!!














No comments:

Post a Comment