Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Looking Back - Second Month

My biggest fear about starting a blog was that I wouldn't be able to maintain it. I visit the weekly posts of friends and the pressure builds. It seems that 3am (see previous midnight post) might just be the only reliable time to get the job done. I'm just not sure that my mind is as reliable at that hour.

Last Thursday was Peyton's two month wellness check. Has it really been two months? Say it isn't so. Now that I'm feeling more like myself these days. Or rather, more adjusted to my new (I don't need 9 hours of sleep, lists to navigate my day, predictability, control or showers anymore) self, I want a redo. The first few weeks of Peyton's life were such a blur and I want them back. Is this how the next 19 years will feel? It's only been 2 months (8 short weeks. 56 days) and I'm already sad that my Little Dude is growing so quickly. He's too big for his britches - literally. He weighed in last week at 12.36 pounds and was 23.5 inches. In a few weeks, maybe days, he won't be able to wear some of his 0-3 month clothes. I washed the 3-6 month outfits yesterday, just in case.

In an effort to feel better, I browsed through the hundreds of pictures we've taken to remind myself of all our happy moments. Boy do I love this kid! Here's month two in review:


8 Weeks - So Big!


Play Time
Given the recent bottle feeding fiasco (see photo below), Steve tries his hand at hair styling.
Sorry, Steve. Thanks for trying.

Steve Offers A Helping Hand With Peyton's First Bottle
No nipple confusion for our little barracuda. He downed it in less than a minute.
Peyton says, "Boobies please. They're 'Double the pleasure. Double the fun!'"
Steve says, "Ditto."
Sorry, Steve. Thanks for trying.


5 Weeks - Getting Ready For Our Seattle Outing


Beach Walk With Mommy


All Smiles
(more every day anyway)


Bath Time
Not so good. Not so bad.

Midnight Snacks For Our Little Barracuda
(photo taken with my iPhone - gotta love it)

3 comments:

  1. Wow - he is really growing up fast! He even looks bigger since the last time we saw him a few weeks ago. Great monthly recap - keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, wish I had those precious first weeks back! Not at the time anyway, but looking back I wish I was more "aware" of my surroundings. I guess this is why people have more than 1 kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    I am Mollie's friend from WSU days. She forwarded me your new blog website. Peyton is adorable and congratulations to the two of you!! A job well done!! I love the lst picture of the three of you at the hospital?. You looked so rested and refreshed, I'd never guess you'd just given birth!! Unreal. Take care of yourself and hope you get some rest. He's a beautiful boy and I love the name you chose..very cool..
    No pressure to respond to me. Just wanted to express my CONGRATS!! I'm sure Sally/John and Steve's parents are so happy..not to mention Auntie Mollie/Uncle Brian!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete