Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh, What A Day: Obama Baby!

Peyton begged me to help him make a sign - really!!

As the fog is dissipating at my house, the sun hinting at another beautiful winter day, the white frost sparkling in the expanding light, the nation, the world, eagerly awake on this day:

January 20, 2009 - Inauguration Day of the 44th President of the United States of America.

A day that will be littered with perspectives, opinions, prayers...I better jot down a few thoughts of my own.

Our Obama Baby slept through much of the t.v. coverage of this significant day (I know, the kid doesn't sleep, so it's hard to believe that he chose this memorable moment of all possible moments to catch a little shut eye), but there will be many opportunities for him to hear about it for years to come. We'll celebrate many "firsts" with our little Peyton during the time that Obama and his family occupy the White House; we'll discuss and look back on this historical day; we'll read the praises and criticisms of Obama's leadership. President Elect Barack Obama has been in the public eye over the years, but starting today he'll be in a new spot light; one that will really shine bright for the first time during the delivery of the Presidential Inaugural Speech (as I'm typing this initial introductions are being made, President Barack Obama has not yet been announced). Fans and critics alike are waiting with anticipation, jittery excitement, to hear the hope in his voice, the promise of his words and see the faith of his character. I believe I can truthfully say, that within my small circle of family and friends, whether they voted for Barack Obama, or not, there is a universal sense of OPPORTUNITY about to take place once Obama takes over the Presidential duties. Oh, What A Day: Obama, Baby!

Timing is everything. Peyton woke up just as the speech was beginning. Awestruck by the significance of the man on t.v., Peyton took in every word.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute Katie! How come I always get yelled at when he happens to glance towards the TV when Daddies on duty????:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because, Steve, you're not The President!

    ReplyDelete