Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Review - Peyton's Fourth Month

Today is January 6th, which means that Peyton is now four months old. Snow storms, holiday happenings and vacation travel aside, this month was hectic. Peyton still is not exhibiting any regular sleep pattern. In fact, each day is starting to seem more irregular than the previous. While mentally and physically trying at times (many, many times a day), I still love my baby barracuda, who is currently cuddled up in my lap, more every day. I wouldn't trade a single moment (trying, or not) for anything. While I'm not yet laughing at the hard times, I anxiously await that day, in the not too distant (I hope) future, when I can look back with fondness and laugh. Despite my inexperience, delirious and sleep deprived mental state, squishy (if I may borrow the description my dear husband used) post baby body, we still managed to have a lot of fun, share a lot of laughs and enjoy many more memorable first experiences.

Here's a summary:

Peyton's Memorable Moments:
First snow and lots of it (great practice for our ski trip later in the month)
First power outage
First acting debut as baby Jesus at our Christmas Eve church service
First Christmas
First roll over (front-back). The weight of his head really made this happen so I certainly can't say that he IS rolling, but rather that he HAS rolled over. I turned my back for just 1 second and missed it, of course. Steve was reaching for the camera at the time. But when we looked back, there was his face (rather than his bum) smiling up at us. So there you have it.
First plane ride and vacation out of state
First New Years Eve and Day
First eye infection (sad, but true)
Second round of vaccines (today and next week - I split them up)

I couldn't resist including this picture!

Katie's Memorable Moments:
Putting a pot on the stove to boil with NO water in it (Steve discovers just before pot and house go up in flames)
Insomnia AND insanity observed on several occasions (Steve discovers and defuses just before Katie goes up in flames)
Many misplaced items (still missing)
Many projects started (still unfinished)
Phone calls and emails unanswered (sorry!)
To-Do lists forgotten (good riddance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment