Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eight Months - The Notables

Here are a few Peyton eight month notables for the "loyal" Parrussell blog readers AND
DON'T WORRY a few pictures for the "lookey-loo" Parrussell blog skimmers:
  • All Day - Peyton enjoys a whole day with Nana and Papa while we enjoy a day in Seattle with my family (lunch and a show - CATS)!
  • All night - Seriously! I almost don't want to mention it for fear of jinxing myself. I put Peyton down for an afternoon nap at 5pm several weeks ago. He woke up 10 hours later for dinner (ok, maybe breakfast by then). Ever since then, he's been sleeping all night - 12 hours - 6ish to 6ish! I, on the other hand, now need to relearn how to sleep all night! Still, not getting up every time I wake up makes a huge difference. The bags are getting smaller and the color less purple, under my eyes that is! I also believe that I am once again a more charming, thoughtful, kind version of my previous self. Maybe that's just me?!
  • Swivels - still no crawling, but he rolls both ways and boy can he swivel and scoot!
  • Waves - hello and bye-bye!
  • Light switch - enjoys turning it off and on (with help)
  • Swimming lessons - loves them! We started swimming at a salt water pool once a week. We also still do Mommy/Baby yoga, when we can.
  • Library Story Time - A great place to watch and observe, sing and play, meet other babies and share stories, toys and germs!
  • Swing & Slide @ The Park - First with friends on a play date and then with Daddy.
  • Words - He's a talker. Peyton has lots of words including da-da and in the last week he's added ma-ma. Most of his talk is still in the form of baby babble. I can't report with confidence that he knows who da-da and ma-ma are. Sometimes we think he does!
  • Teeth - Who needs 'em? Peyton still doesn't have a single one!

Doesn't matter who you are...
...we love you and hope you will ENJOY a moment with Tae Boy, our 8 month old!

Deep pondering thoughts, or a poop, either way we've seen a bit more of this serious face lately


First Finger Food
Rice Crackers are tricky and sticky!

Play time on the floor has no boundaries:
Blanket, carpet, wood floor, tile - unless it's closed off, it's fair game!


I love swimming lessons,
Peyton does, too!
We took Daddy to open swim on Saturday,
to show him what we've learned to do!

SPLASH
DRINK POOL WATER
SPLASH
BLOW BUBBLES (aka drink pool water)
SPLASH
KICK
JUMP (in from sitting on side and drink pool water)
SPLASH

One of several social outings:
Peyton FINALLY got to meet Jen, Eli and beautiful baby Audrey

Checking out the world around him
no limitations, no boundaries, no worries, no fears
a clean slate - a sponge
beginnings - fresh starts
possibilities, hopes, wonder, dreams
a story waiting to be written
strength - endurance
What I wouldn't give to be in his shoes!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it has been 8 months already. Crazy how time flies. Love the update and the new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally revealing myself. Great shots - next thing you know, he'll be off to college! (Oh wait, that probably makes moms sad to hear...don't worry, he'll stay your baby forever.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Lisa! Thanks for your comments. Let's not rush the college thing. We started a college fund when Peyton was born - now worth 1/2 what we invested. Woo-hoo. We need more time for growth all around! :)

    ReplyDelete