Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I seem to be out of words today. You know what they say about pictures though, they're worth 1000 words. Phew. I'm off the hook, this time. Here are a few weekend highlights:

Saturday:
I finally got around to planting my flowers...
...and enjoying the new deck and glorious weather...
...with a little help from the Dudes.
Hey, look! This flower is ready to pick!

Saturday Evening:

With a few daylight hours left, Steve decides to buy (and assemble) a new BBQ.

Just as I was ready to crawl into bed for the night, Steve was tightening the final screw - or something like that. It's ok to have a few pieces left over, right? Just kidding! But I sure am glad that we weren't depending on the BBQ for our dinner that night!

Sunday:
Family time with the Parr's

Monday:
Family time with the Russell's

A Patriotic Note (I guess a few words have entered my thoughts since after all):
Like many Americans we sure do love this holiday because it presents itself in the form of a long overdue three day weekend. Beautiful weather, personal goals and all kidding aside, we did proudly display our flag banner on the front of the house and Peyton wore his Coast Guard outfit complete with red pants and a blue hat to demonstrate his support of those brave soldiers who have served and are currently serving our great country. On Monday, you were often on our minds and even when we forget to remember and to honor, you are forever in our hearts. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment