Saturday, May 23, 2009

Raising The Bar

Time to raise the crib bar
"If I put my hand here like so and then swing my leg..."
or maybe he was thinking more along these lines,
"It's not so far down, is it? Maybe if I just tuck and roll it won't hurt?"

The good news is that Peyton isn't able to get to a sitting position from lying down - just yet! The bad news is that I have to be careful about using the crib for play time - even for a minute!

I set Peyton into the crib to play a couple of weeks ago. It was only for a minute. As I did it I questioned my judgment, "Should I raise the crib bar up, just in case?" Then quickly assured myself, "No, he's not too mobile, YET, and it's only for a minute."

A minute. That's all it takes. In that time our curious Kinetic Boy discovered that there might be more to monkeying around in the crib. I'm sure he's already been processing his escape beyond the prison (I mean crib) bars for weeks. One of these days he'll seek more fun and adventure by climbing outside of the crib - I'm sure.

Of course I had to encourage him a little with a few whoops and cheers and a quick photo session, keeping him under a watchful eye and no more than an arms distance away from me, before raising up the crib bar.

Lucky for me he is once again safely behind (crib) bars and snoozing his night away!

No comments:

Post a Comment