Monday, July 6, 2009

10 Months, Already?

How can this be? Peyton is 10 months old today. And I'm exhausted. A good exhausted, but exhausted all the same. This is not all from 10 months of motherhood, although as I pause to really think deeply about it, I'm sure motherhood is a large part of this exhaustion, but no, we had a wonderfully long, four day weekend/mini vacation at the Oregon Coast and returned home only a few hours ago. I have yet to upload our photos and hope to post highlights in a separate entry later this week.

Since I'm pushing my bedtime and am not eager to date stamp yet another midnight post to the blog - those days are over, I hope - let me share just this one thing:

Peyton's first tooth has arrived.

I'm somewhat saddened by this recent discovery because I've grown to love the toothless grin (and I'm still breast feeding - yikes!). I'm also a bit perplexed by the whole teething process. Another of life's mysteries I suppose. We've been told by countless non-experts and experts alike, for months, that Tae Boy was teething and was sure to "chew a lot and drool, too " just before a tooth was to erupt. He did. But he has pretty much chewed on everything for most of his life so this wasn't exactly concrete evidence for me. They say, "to watch for a fever to spike," or, "you'll have an unexplained sleepless night or two," just beforehand. We experienced none of this. In fact, one day (last Friday) his gum looked a little white and the next day, July 4th, to be exact, the little tooth broke on through. Just like that. We have a tooth!

According to Steve, this isn't just any tooth either! This is the response I received to my exclamation, "Hey, come look! It really is a tooth!" I hope I remember and quote this correctly. "It's his lower left central incisor. Tooth number, "O". Not zero. "O," like the letter. We still say number "O" even though it's a letter."

So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment