Monday, July 13, 2009

Lame

On Thursday evening after Peyton went to sleep, Steve and I had fun setting up our new family tent in the backyard with great anticipation for a weekend of camping and other outdoor activities. Sadly, we had a sudden and unexpected change in our weekend plans when I awoke on Friday morning feeling a little under the weather. By noon I was feverish, aching and definitely ill. It seems that the flu, for the second time this summer, had made itself at home in my body. Lame.

Even though Steve promised to be a "winning husband" and do everything in order to make the camping trip happen, I still wasn't feeling much like camping on Saturday morning. Disappointed and rightfully so, we stayed home and spent the morning inside, sleeping. Several hours of snoozing later, I actually felt almost well again. So, we headed out to spend the last part of the afternoon with our fellow campers - who happened to have found a camp site just minutes from our house, just in case. We didn't actually camp that night, but the day wasn't a total waste.

We didn't get to try out our new tent, but we did find an opportunity to try on Peyton's new PFD.
I'm not sure he was as excited about it as we were!

The weekend wasn't a total bust. On Sunday, the weather was dreary and we were stir crazy, but not fully recouped. In other words, it was perfect movie going criteria. Steve and I went to a Sunday afternoon matinee, The Proposal. It wasn't a bad flick by the way. Good for a few laughs. Let it be known that the Russell's have now officially been to a movie post baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment