Monday, August 24, 2009

Camping

Our little camper

After our failed attempt earlier in the summer, we are pleased to announce that we successfully camped this weekend. I'm still cleaning the dirt out from under my finger nails. The smoke smell still stubbornly clings to my hair. The camp bins are still spread out on the living room floor. All signs of a good camping trip.

My boys

Several of our neighbors organized the event. Yes, I said neighbors. Our neighborhood took over Lake Wenatchee State Park. There were approximately 60 of us in all. Kids of all ages were there. We had a blast. We shared laughs, meals and the flu.

The neighbor girls adoring Peyton (hidden by Steve)
Might we have a few babysitters just a few doors away?


Sadly, families started dropping like flies yesterday. Among them, The Russell's. Steve is home sick today. Peyton and I are doing our best to fight this one off. We've done our time with sickness this summer.

Bath time camping style

Aside from the terrible after math, the trip was terrific.

Enjoying a picnic dinner at Saltwater State Park on the journey home

No comments:

Post a Comment