Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good Friends

It started out less than perfectly, but this week shaped up nicely.

While I was sitting at work on Tuesday I received a voice mail from my good friend Jen. She was in town visiting family and was wondering if we would be available for dinner the following night. The stars aligned. Steve and I were able to join her and her husband, Eli, and another good friend, Katie, for a delicious dinner and an enjoyable evening among friends. It was short, but sweet. It was just the medicine we needed - perked us right up and out of the early week funk we had gotten ourselves into.

Then, for the second time this summer, we were invited out to Mason Lake for a relaxing visit with our other good friends, David and Betsy, also visiting from out of town. I hope we didn't overstay our welcome when our afternoon outing turned into an overnight and then well into the next day excursion. Steve and I both love our time at The Winter's lake cabin, almost as much as we love our time with The Winter's. We both have great memories of past outings here and this weekend we enjoyed creating more with our Little Dude in tow.

One of many highlights: Steve and I were treated to an hour of "baby free" time while David and Betsy took our Little Dude along on their morning run. Pictured above: The happy threesome - still smiling - at the end of their time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment