Friday, August 28, 2009

Chop Shop

For weeks I've been trying to pin down Kinetic Boy to trim his long locks. Each time I've made the attempt, I've quit before I've even started, for fear of snipping off a nose, an ear, or poking an eye. Since I was having a tough time even locating Peyton's eye this week, I decided I had to do something about it.

I attribute my success to some clever thinking on my part. I strapped him into the highchair and gave him a few Cheerios to nibble while I chopped away with my rusty sewing scissors. The snacks bought me a few minutes for some quick cutting. This only took care of the front.

The back was trickier. I set out a few more Cheerios on the coffee table, turned the television on and went about my work. I admit it. I bribed my son with the t.v. Since we never have the t.v. on when he's around it was an awesome distraction, sort of. He still had a little interest in my scissors and what I was doing, but Oprah really grabbed his attention. Thank you, Oprah.

It's a bit of a hack job, but it's done...until next time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment