
After cutting down our Christmas tree last weekend, it seems as though we have a lumberjack in the making. I've overheard, on several occasions this week, dialog about chainsaws and tree cutting. One day as we were walking around our neighborhood a particular tree caught Peyton's eye. We spent quite some time inspecting this tree, locating an "ouchy" on the bark and concluding that indeed, the tree needed to be cut down. There was a large pile of leaves conveniently located not far from the tree. We carefully inspected the leaves until we located a "chainsaw" among them. While Peyton pretended to cut the tree down, I had a twinge of guilt so immediately started pleading with him to save the tree and just cover the "ouchy" with a "bandaid." My creative little fella was just as happy using another leaf as a bandaid, as he was to use it as a chainsaw. We all survived the outing intact, tree and all. As luck would have it, a windstorm even hit later in the day and I no longer feel guilty about dispersing a bit of the neighbor's leaf pile!
No comments:
Post a Comment