Friday, December 30, 2011

4 Months Review

December 29 - Four Months Review

Weight: 12 1/2 pounds
Height: 24 inches
Head Circumference: 39.5"

I love this age. At four months, Allison's personality is really starting to present itself. She is easily entertained, and content, most of the time. The way she watches what goes on around her with wide eyes and wonderment both amazes and scares me. She throws out her voice to be heard, in the way that only a four month old can, but it get's our attention and sometimes even conveys it's need. Already she is trying to understand and make sense of this big, crazy world in which she lives.


Discovery - hemangioma on the back of her neck, covered by her baby mullet.
First cold.
First Christmas.


She loves the holiday lights, baths and baby yoga.
She is discovering and enjoying her toys.
Nothing has captured her attention quite like her big brother, Peyton!


She is really starting to interact and talk by mimicking faces and sounds during our "conversations".

Her vocal cords, which she has demonstrated multiple times with her happy screech and a terribly sad cry that sounds an awful lot like a cat fight, are impressive.


Peyton is still very engaging. He steals her attention when he is in the room. Lights, sounds and movements, even in her periphery, catch her attention and distract her. This is most noticeable while she is nursing!

Now that she is more responsive and interactive, especially with her hands, she has both delighted and disturbed Peyton by trying to "play". He encourages and enjoys it when she reaches and grabs for his nose and toys - on his terms.
I love this picture because you can see her looking and smiling at her big brother. He built his track to run right under her foot. I was sure this was going to become a big issue. While the train was derailed, so was Peyton's attention. We all had a good laugh!


She's starting to support her own weight when standing.

Last month she started to knead my shirt and chest with her hands while she nursed. Now she reaches up towards my face to gently pet and pat it, while she explores the curves and textures. Occasionally her fingers brush, or grasp, my hair. I find these touches most endearing. It is definitely one of those memories I hope I will keep forever in my mind and feel forever in my heart.


Our life has certainly changed since our Allie girl came into it. While I can honestly say it's been a wonderful change, I can also admit that it hasn't always been easy to have a new baby in the house. We've each gone through our own transition period at our own pace, feeling both good and bad, separate and united. But at the end of the day, we're all in love. Peyton is so sweet and loving towards her. Steve is a wonderful father. I'm still waiting for my mother's intuition to kick in, but I'm doing my best and I truly believe that my little girl and I have developed a unique and unbreakable bond. She completes our little family and it's hard to remember what life was like with just the 3 of us. Allison has stolen all of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment