
Several weeks ago Steve read in the paper that the Chehalis Centralia Railroad & Museum offered a holiday Polar Express Train ride. When I looked into it only a few days later, all rides were sold out! But, I discovered that they were also offering a Santa Steam Train ride (a day time and much shorter event). There were only a few tickets left of this option, so I purchased on the spot. Turns out this was a perfect ride for us! Short and sweet.
Waiting to go. Yes. It is this exciting!
On the way home I asked Peyton what he liked best about our special outing. After thinking for a long, long time this is what he said, "I liked. I liked. [Repeat for about 1 minute]. I LOVED waiting for the train to start!" Sure he was confused, I reminded him that the train actually did something, "How about when the train was moving? Did you like watching the landscape go by and singing the Christmas carols?" "Um. No. I didn't like those parts." [Interesting. The parts that WERE the whole outing weren't all that fun apparently.] "Did you like meeting Santa Claus?" "Yeah, I liked that." [Well, not how I imagined the response, but there you go.]
More mesmerized by the candy cane that Santa gave him than the actual man himself.
She's not so sure screaming the 40 minute car ride (each way) was worth the 30 minute train ride (she nursed during most of this). Just like her brother, Allison screams most of every car excursion. It's remarkable. Remarkably painful for all passengers.
Although, it wasn't verbalized as one of his favorite things, Peyton enjoyed checking out the train and pointing out "The round house," "switch tracks" and all things "train" to me. It was pretty neat to see the train up close and life size! Watching the steam pour out was pretty cool, too.

Peyton gives Santa another chance. This is an improvement from last year when he wasn't interested in even stepping near the jolly fellow.
Please take note, Santa. Peyton would like an excavator for Christmas.Maybe next year we'll get to ride the Polar Express.
Is that the fleece we gave Peyton? So fun to see him wear it. And alli is getting so big! Looks like a fun time.
ReplyDeleteYes it's your fleece. It only took 12 months to grow into! It's perfect now and he wears it all the time. Thanks.
ReplyDelete