We had a delightful Christmas. Peyton is still talking about the big day and says, "I wish it could be Christmas again." In fact, just before lunch he turned to me and said, "Oh! Santa just texted me," followed by, "I just texted Santa on my walkie-talkie and he's bringing me the things that I wanted right away!" I'm not sure that these are the messages that I had hoped my son would take away from the holiday, but as I reflect, it is a pretty powerful thing to realize that he asked Santa for an excavator, waited anxiously for a couple of weeks and then, like magic, Santa made his wish come true. It's no wonder this 3-year old is wanting to try the power of his wish again. I tried to explain to him that we won't be seeing Santa again for another year and as a last ditch effort to coerce Peyton towards his bedroom for nap time, threw in some less than believable pitch about Santa taking a nice long nap. He didn't seem convinced and I'm sure we will be looking for Santa once again this afternoon. All in all, it was a magical day full of both material, as well as plenty of very special and non-material things, to lock away in our memory of Christmas 2011. The only thing missing was time with the Russell side of the family.
Christmas Morning:


No comments:
Post a Comment