Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

One of the many reasons why I love having kids is that I feel that it is perfectly o.k. to play with my food again. The ideas are cute, great activities for kids, tons of fun for us both and the final product actually is enticing to me (yes, ME, my toddler is a great eater and needs very little encouragement)! I've also given myself permission to play like a kid again as we eagerly anticipate the arrival of each holiday on the calendar. Peyton and I used Valentine's Day as another excuse for food and child's play and play we did. We also enjoyed the opportunity to make Tuesday, February 14th, an extraordinary day by celebrating our family!

The Valentine's Day Menu:
Lunch-Heart sandwich and pink smoothie.

Dinner: *Heart shaped pizza.

Dessert: Hand dipped chocolate strawberries with white chocolate swirls.

When I presented Peyton with the idea of making Valentine's, a favorite childhood memory of mine, he took right to the idea and thoroughly enjoyed making his cards for his classmates! They turned out to be very unique and wonderful.
Having taken a recent interest in letter writing, Peyton even took the time to personalize every single one with his ever improving signature.

He was even motivated to write our names on the cards he made for his family. This was his idea. I am shocked at how well (and quickly) he is learning to write his letters.

Peyton and I had a wonderful time making the day special for our family. So, I was not surprised to hear him sigh and say, "I wish it could be Valentine's Day again tomorrow," as I tucked him into bed. I was almost thinking the same thing. But, I guess it wouldn't be nearly as exciting and fun if every day was this special. We sure do appreciate the special days when we do have them though.

Happy Valentine's Day!

*Idea once again courtesy of Family Fun Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment