Peyton is learning about feelings and emotions right now and more importantly how they impact others and empathy. While it is no surprise to me that I'm often the recipient of his trial and errors, I am caught off guard when I realize that his words and actions sometimes sting a bit. Here are a few of his recent experiments:
P: I'm going to push you out of this car!
P: I don't want a mommy and a daddy and a sister anymore.
P: I don't love you!
So, it was a welcome change last Monday when he decided to experiment with love and appreciation. Shortly after Christmas Peyton got into gift giving. He passed countless hours wrapping a toy or two in a blanket and proudly present it to us as his gift. Very thoughtful and loving. These acts of love have been on a bit of a sabbatical lately. Then, yesterday, seemingly out of the blue, he got out ALL his art supplies and set to making me a present. While a gift is a genuine act of love coming from a preschooler, a home-made gift is the ultimate act. Fortunately, Steve was home and was invited to participate in the art and craft project and perhaps even more noteworthy is the fact that Steve has an imagination that partners well with his craftiness. Voila! Together, the boys made Peyton's vision a reality. In record time, they made me the loader of my dreams! Thank you, boys!
Allison has also learned to kiss and will sometimes even blow kisses. Every time she does this I just melt. Talk about feeling the love!

So cute! Glad you are feeling the love. You deserve it!
ReplyDelete