Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Neat Street

This little gem appeared on my fridge last week.  I love everything about this cluster of words created by Peyton; his clever adaption of letters when the desired letter was unavailable (see the"w" turned sideways to be used as an "e" and the use of the lowercase "l" letters to construct a "t" in hot) and also, I love the way Peyton read it to me with such confidence:  "Doggy Pam Neat Street Road Hot." 


This construction of words occurred the same day as his mystery letters were made, sealed in envelopes, stamps and address labels correctly adhered, and the first letters of each recipient written (in large print), all without my assistance.  His letters were addressed as follows:  "G AND H" (G for Gavin and H for Hazel), "NANA AND PAPA" (No further explanation necessary), "G G" (Grama and Grampa). Everything about his letters was correctly done, he just needed addresses (which, by the time I actually did, he had lost the enthusiasm to write independently, so I completed for him).  I debated opening and resealing his letters, because I honestly had no idea what he was mailing.  I reconsidered, realizing his recipients would welcome anything he happened to send their way.  So, they were mailed.  It turns out he had drawn pictures.  He had deliberately drawn cute crayon drawings and thoughtfully mailed them to his loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment