Sunday, April 5, 2009

3 women and a baby

Wendy, Natalie & Ashlie

Peyton took a power nap before their arrival so that he would be able to keep up with his 3 doting aunties and good friends, Ashlie, Natalie and Wendy, who drove down from Kirkland this morning to see us. Earlier in the week Peyton and I requested their company. Today was our lucky day. Once Peyton awoke, cleared the sleep from his eyes, downed a quick protein shake, and got dressed for the walk (which included his sporty sweat suit and Air Jordan sneakers) we were (FINALLY) ready!

The 5 of us enjoyed a pleasant walk to the park and plenty of "girl" talk. Friends are a beautiful thing, aren't they? They are so validating, honest, and fun! (Note to self: spend more time with your friends. They make you happy and happy = nicer and nicer = easier to be around!) Peyton was thrilled to be surrounded by these attractive ladies as well and confessed to me later that he, too, was quite fond of their company. Spoken like a true ladies man.

He was just getting warmed up and was turning his "flirt" up a notch by the end of their visit. Who doesn't love a gummy smile, genuine belly laugh, slimy, open mouth kiss on the cheek and viewing a few baby tricks? Too soon they were gone, but it was a lovely morning.

PS - Snacks! Sorry, Ladies, I got too busy walking and talking, I forgot the snacks!

3 comments:

  1. I had a great time catching up. Thanks for having us. Peyton is beautiful and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would SO own this movie over Three men and a baby! Good times. I LOVE that Peyton has air Jordan sneakers. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree we should do it way more often as our visits are too short and too far between.

    P.S. No worries about the snacks. We were too busy doting on Peyton to be hungry!

    ReplyDelete