Monday, October 17, 2011

Cider Mill Family Outing

The weather was perfect, and we were needing to get out of the house a few weekends ago, so we headed to Lattin's Cider Mill to check out the animals on the farm and taste their fresh cider. Once there we realized that this might also be our best opportunity to check out the pumpkin patch, so we did. Well, some of us did anyway. Timing is a tricky thing these days. Allison and I were able to do a walk-about on the farm and order some hot cider before it became clear that she wanted her snack before I would get mine. So, I sat in the car feeding her, while the boys ventured into the field of pumpkins to select that one perfect pumpkin (or three) to bring home this year. I was super disappointed to be left out, but like most outings these days, the boys went on without me, unfazed by my disappearance. I am pleased to report that they had a fabulous time. I know because I witnessed the whole adventure from the car. They even picked out a special pumpkin just for me. Ok, so I wasn't totally forgotten. In addition to satiating my own little pumpkin, I was able to drink my cider in peace and quiet without the competition of the overly aggressive and highly annoying bee population that was swarming the farm. Now, having said my piece and cleared my mind...it was a lovely morning with the whole family at the cider mill and pumpkin patch!

1 comment:

  1. Well that certainly sounds familiar! Can't tell you how many times I have found myself nursing in the car while Logan is off having fun with Daddy. I just try to enjoy the bonding time with Mason, and appreciate the special time the big boys are having together.

    ReplyDelete