Friday, October 21, 2011

Photo Fun

Shhh. Don't tell Peyton, or Steve, but while they were away today (Peyton was at preschool and Steve at work), we did absolutely nothing productive AND nothing boyish either. The house was a disaster - the wet laundry waiting a transfer to the dryer, dishes piled on the kitchen counter and when was the rug last vacuumed? Or maybe the above proves that we did EVERYTHING boyish by putting mundane responsibility on hold for the morning and choosing to only have a good time. Allison and I enjoyed a rare and delightful moment together. I thoroughly enjoyed nursing her in our unusually quiet and peaceful (albeit dirty) house. We must cuddle more than I realize, but my focus is usually elsewhere and scattered so much that I haven't stopped to enjoy cuddling her. It made me realize how much I love this little girl who joined our family seven weeks ago.

After our cuddle session had ended she was so alert and happy that I decided to test the waters and invite her to join me in a bit of girly fun. We brushed off the dirt that has become a permanent accessory of these two amigos who try daily to keep up with the third amigo (away at preschool), and decided to trade our work clothes in for some pink, bows and frills. I admit that I took advantage of Allison's pleasant mood when I decided to have a little photo shoot and I feel a bit guilty for playing with her like I used to play with my Cabbage Patch doll as a kid - spending all of my play time dressing and undressing her. For the record, I am not comparing her to a doll. I do recognize a few crucial differences. She is after all much more work, far more hungry, quite a bit noisier, a much lighter sleeper, more wiggly and of course WAY cuter than a Cabbage Patch doll. It was fleeting. I had a grand time playing with my little girl while it lasted.








By noon we were back to accessorizing with tool belts and posing next to building materials!

1 comment:

  1. Love the girl time and the new photos!

    Hope you girls and the boys are doing well.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete