February 29th - Like Peyton, Allison was born with a bullet (baby mullet), although not nearly as thick as Peyton's was. In the early months, she rubbed off a lovely bald spot on the back of her head, which has been filling in nicely over the past few weeks. The bullet, has grown longer, but thinner (several bunches dread-locked and broke off) over the past several months and has framed her face and been a great topic of conversation for friends, acquaintances and strangers alike. I think it is cute. I delighted in the reaction I received when I proudly boasted that "she was born with it long like this!" But neither is the reason why I let it grow so long. The real reason is I would forget about it for weeks at a time since it often tucked itself away into her collar, or onesie, unnoticed by me. I also have a fear of snipping something besides hair. Her bullet has served it's purpose. The right moment presented itself and before I had time to get too sentimental, it was gone. Just like that. Bye-bye bullet!
Here's the before:
Since all hands were on the baby during the actual event to protect the baby from trimming anything other than hair, there was no actual "during" photo.
This is a reenactment.
No comments:
Post a Comment