Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Say what?

Peyton is at that wonderful age where he is learning and processing so much about the world around him and then says any and everything that comes to his mind. I try to write as much down as I can. These quotes are scribbled on scratches of paper and collected in random piles, which are scattered throughout the house. I'm making an effort to be a bit more organized. In doing so, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Peyton quotes over the past few months.


12/12/11 - "Open your eyes, Mom! You can sleep tonight!" (Yells across the room after catching me falling asleep in the middle of the day).

12/24/11 - P: "I want to be an adult right now." M: "Why?" P: "Because I love my mommy and I love my daddy and you guys are adults."

12/25/11 - "I've been wanting my excavator for my whole life!"

12/25/11 - "No, Mommy, I think the bell is not the first gift of Christmas. I think my excavator is the first gift of Christmas!" (In reference to The Polar Express).

2/4/12 - "Baby, when you start crawling, never, never ever grab any of my toys!"

2/6/12 - "Mom, Daddy and I can watch baby until she cries. Then, you can pick her up."

2/9/12 - "The first thing about building is the learning how things fit and then do it right." (Spoken mid-project to no one in particular).

2/10/12 - "Come on Mom-without-a-penis!" (As we were headed out on a walk).

2/?/12 - [Delighted gasp] "Oh, I don't want to cut them. So now I can have long nails like Grama!" (Response to discovering his fingernails were long).

3/5/12 - "Oh. At my wedding, when I'm a daddy, I want to sing. But, I won't sing this song. I will sing, 'You are my sunshine' to you, Mommy. And you will be a Grama." (His immediate response when I told him I loved the song we were listening to, 'Something in the way she moves,' by James Taylor, because it was the song that Daddy sang to Mommy at their wedding).

3/5/12 - "Daddy, what did you do today at work? Did you fix teeth or anything?"

3/5/12 - "I know! We can get a saw!" (After mentioning out loud that I was desperate for a haircut, Peyton's eyes lit up and he suggested, proud as can be. A long discussion followed comparing tools that cut, the appropriate use of said cutting tools and the importance of leaving some jobs for the professionals).

3/6/12 - "Hi, Mommy. I was just telling stories and explaining things to the people in my head." (Announced quite proudly, when I came outside to check on Peyton playing alone outside in his muddy construction site).

1 comment:

  1. How precious! Those quotes made me smile after a long day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete