Friday, January 27, 2012

Thirty-four

I celebrated my birthday this week. Several weeks ago I thought I wanted to have a nice big celebration with friends. Steve and I kind of lost track of time, I guess. Suddenly, January 25th came and went. No big bash. Still, I had a wonderful day. I was able to have a coffee date and grocery shop, without the kids, thanks to my mom. Yes, that is what my life has come to. Grocery shopping alone on my birthday was the big to do and surprisingly it brought a small bit of peace and satisfaction to my day. Then, even though Grama had to leave for a prior engagement, we had the pleasure of seeing Grampa for dinner. It is so nice to have my parents home from vacation!

Grama and Peyton baked the cake and Peyton and I decorated.
Proudly displaying the final product.
The "Snowman" has been a good theme for us these past couple of weeks. I thought I'd stick with it for my birthday, too.
These ideas (the darling snowman snacks and the above cake) are not original. I once again borrowed from Family Fun Magazine.
The party-goers.
Is it time for cake yet?
One very excited little dude!
He just couldn't wait to taste this yummy snowman cake!
Happy Birthday, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment