Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tooth!

Peyton has been sporting 3 teeth for quite some time. I've been keeping a close eye on his top gum sure that the top right central incisor would peek through any day, giving him a perfect pair of teeth on top to match that adorable pair on the bottom. That top gum has seemed to be stretched extra tight this week. Occasionally I catch a glimpse of what I think is white, too, which does nothing to tame my excitement. Peyton won't let me in to have a look around and when I place an exploratory finger in he bites down - hard - before I have a chance to feel anything. So, you have to catch a quick glance when he least expects it, like just before he pops food into his mouth. Perhaps it's the food I've been mistaking for a tooth. Anyway, you can imagine my surprise when I stood over him this afternoon, wrestling away my cell phone and WOW there it was! When Peyton opened his mouth wide to let out a discouraged yell, his tooth was right there, staring me in the face. Only, it wasn't the tooth I was expecting. It wasn't even a tooth I would have expected after the one I was expecting. Or the next one either! Peyton now has a bottom left MOLAR to go with his 2 bottom and 1 top tooth. Oh, boy. Maybe that's why he's been shying away from my gourmet puree's the past few days? He's been aching (literally) to bite into something with real substance. Hunk a meat, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment