Peyton and I have talked a lot these past few weeks about the seasons, mainly fall. We've been waiting with anticipation for the leaves to change colors and more importantly for them to fall (on a dry day) so we could stomp through the piles I assured him we would find around our neighborhood. The leaves changed. Some began to fall. Unfortunately, so did the rain. Soggy leaves do not have the same "fun" factor that I had promised Peyton. Our luck changed this week with a streak of several sunny days and several wonderful breezes that brought those leaves swirling and twirling to the ground. We were able to venture out of the house a couple times this week to enjoy the crisp air, the vibrant colors and the majestic beauty of the downtown waterfront, not to mention the gloriously crunchy piles of leaves.
Kettle View Park
The brand new park just a short walking distance from our house has appeal for Peyton in and of itself. Even more enticing however, is the fact that it is surrounded on all sides by construction, building and machines.


The rain has returned, the leaves are all mushy and have lost their appeal. Now Peyton is talking about snow. We've recently woken up to frost. It's cold and white. His definition of snow. I sure hope Mother Nature can meet his expectations of winter, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment