Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

The best part about Halloween this year was making the costume. When I first mentioned that Halloween was quickly approaching some weeks back and that some people thought it was fun to dress up, Peyton didn't take the bait and reminded me of Spider Man - his memory of last Halloween. It seems he still can recall the fear he had when he saw our neighbor boy slinking around the yard in his Spider Man costume last year and now associates that fear with dressing up and the Halloween holiday. I tried to entice him with two "friendly" dress up options anyway: Thomas the Train or Bob the Builder. His interest was still so-so, at best. He has a rather long list of fears that seems to be growing by the day, so I'm really not surprised. Then I showed him a picture of a Thomas costume that we could make together. Finally! I caught his attention. We worked long and hard and successfully crafted ourselves a rather adorable costume, if I don't say so myself. He loved making it! He never did want to put it on, however.

Peyton posing - after much coercion - in the final product.

His one public appearance - heading to the neighborhood party on Friday night.

Peyton chose to stay indoors and give out candy to the trick-or-treater's instead of joining them. His argument, although he never actually said this, was why leave when there's a party going-on? We were after all, celebrating Papa's 70th birthday complete with all Peyton's favorite people (both sets of grandparents) AND cake!

Happy birthday, Papa!

1 comment: