Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quotable

We often get together on Tuesday's with our dear friends, Marcella and her daughter, Meg. Peyton and I both love these mornings. They're as much for me, as they are for him. Today, however, Marcella offered to have Peyton alone, so I could have an hour or two to myself, well, almost to myself. Peyton has never gone solo to play (grandparents are the exception). When I asked him if he wanted to play at Meg's house with me, or without me (an option I thought he might ponder since he's never been given it before), he didn't skip a beat with his response, which was surprisingly well thought out and kind. I felt the day was worth documenting, as well as the quote:

I want to play at Meg's house without you. But it's ok, Mom, because you won't be alone. You'll be with baby and I'll be with Meggie and Marcella.

Peyton and Meg (playing together earlier this month)

No comments:

Post a Comment