On June 7th, Allison got to celebrate her summer birthday at school. For all the excitement this produced, it might as well have been her real birthday. Apparently, when it's your birthday at school, you get to bring treats and toys for your classmates. When Allison shared this with me, I had to tell her that we wouldn't be doing that. Rather than get upset, as I expected, Allison decided to make friendship bracelets, one for each of her classmates, "because if I just make one, or two, someone might feel left out and I don't want anyone to feel sad." She cut strips of paper, gathered supplies, stamps, stickers and of found the glue and glitter, of course! I offered a little supervision with the glitter, but Allison didn't really need it, and in the end, I stapled the bracelets for her, because it was a bit tricky, but mostly because it was time for school. Overall, Allison was thrilled with her creation and proud to have a special day at school to wear the birthday crown and pass out the friendship bracelets to every friend. Fortunately, we still get to look forward to celebrating her real birthday in August!
Happy Unbirthday, Allison Howe!


No comments:
Post a Comment