Monday, October 8, 2012

TOGETHER

Two Friday's ago, after our first full week of preschool, we witnessed a remarkable thing.  Yes, the weather was exceptionally hot and beautiful for a fall day.  But something else even more remarkable happened at our house.  Just as the clock struck 5:00pm (the usual hour when my house falls apart, my kids need extra attention, attention I neither have nor am able to give and we're all tired and hungry; in other words, the time of day when I'd rather poke a fork into my eye than make dinner) we heard a car pull into our driveway.   Who could that be rolling in at this hour?  As we peeked out the window we saw a car that we recognized, and a pretty familiar smily, too.  Steve was home early!  I immediately called for pizza delivery.  We all rolled, wrestled, frolicked and played away the 5:00 hour TOGETHER!  Wishes do come true.  Some dream of happy hour and a nice cold, frothy beer at 5pm.  Not me.  This is my 5 o'clock fantasy: ultimate family time and not having to cook dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment